Ultimus LeverPoint’s Tax service team is composed of highly experienced tax professionals, committed to providing accurate and timely tax reporting, complying with all Federal and State filing requirements. We are dedicated to service excellence, using industry expertise, paired with exceptional client service, to deliver a suite of solutions to support your funds needs.
When outsourcing your firm’s tax preparation and FATCA compliance to us, you will have greater freedom to focus your efforts on optimizing efficiencies, mitigating risk, and better serving your investors. The Ultimus LeverPoint Tax team will work directly with you to perform the following: readiness review, review of existing investors, development of an onboarding plan, and ongoing maintenance and compliance.
Ultimus LeverPoint provides you with a comprehensive suite of services that can increase efficiency and introduce best practices while reducing operating costs. Our team of experienced professionals provides high quality, customized solutions to fund managers. We provide a high level of flexibility ensuring that your needs are met in a timely manner.
The Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA), generally requires that foreign financial Institutions and certain other non-financial foreign entities report on the foreign assets held by their U.S. account holders or be subject to withholding on withholdable payments. The HIRE Act also contained legislation requiring U.S. persons to report, depending on the value, their foreign financial accounts and foreign assets. The Common Reporting Standard (CRS) is the standard for automatic exchange of financial account information (AEOI) developed by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD). CRS is a broad reporting regime that draws extensively on the intergovernmental approach to implement the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA).
Download the Brochure
Our Tax & FATCA services provide you with a comprehensive suite of services that increase efficiency and introduce best practices. To learn more & to download the fact sheet, please fill out the form below.
- Prepare, review and sign Federal, State and Local tax returns
- Preparation of Schedule K-1s
- Preparation of estimated K-1s
- Analysis and preparation of extensions in necessary jurisdictions
- Respond to Auditor and Investor requests
- Conduct Tax research as required
- Required Foreign Reporting such as Forms 1042 and 8804
- Calculation of Foreign Withholding payments resulting from distributions
- Calculation of corporate quarterly estimated tax payments
- Quarterly tax analysis of blockers for Deferred Tax Asset (DTA) and Deferred Tax Liability (DTL)
- Assistance in gathering tax information from portfolio companies
- Work to resolve notices from taxing jurisdictions
- Assistance with Federal and/or State audits
- Transactional work, Sales of stock, debt, or partnership interests
- Tax Waterfall
- Earnings and Profit Analysis
- Tax basis analysis
- Review of Investor Information
- Perform review of existing investor tax forms
- Collection and validation of new tax forms
- Classification of investors as per FATCA requirements
- Request additional information from investor/manager
- Produce a schedule showing a final FATCA classification of all investors, documenting review of investor tax forms
- Proper re-papering of existing investor tax forms upon client direction or every three years
- Prepare a written policies and procedures document addressing how compliance will be maintained, as required by FATCA and CRS
- Ongoing Maintenance, Compliance
- Continuous checks for changes in circumstances
- Calculation of FATCA withholding (only when required)
- Registration and Reporting
- Identify entities that must register with the IRS under FATCA or any foreign government under CRS
- Perform FATCA and CRS registration
- Produce schedules detailing FATCA and CRS registration
- Perform FATCA and CRS reporting
- Produce schedules detailing FATCA and CRS reporting