Ultimus LeverPoint’s Tax Service professionals provide Funds, Co-Investment Entities, General Partners and Management Companies with complete, accurate and timely tax reporting services. When outsourcing your tax preparation and FACTA compliance to us, you will have greater freedom to focus your efforts on optimizing efficiencies, mitigating risk, and better serving your investors.
Our Fund Tax Services include:
- Prepare, review and sign federal, state and local tax returns
- Preparation of Schedule K-1 documents
- Prepare tax estimates
- Work with investors to understand tax implications
- Foreign reporting
- Additional entity work
- Disposition of portfolio investment in a multi-state pass-through entity
- Assist with Federal or State audit
FATCA (Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act) is U.S. legislation that was passed in 2010 as a part of the HIRE Act, designed to prevent tax evasion by US citizens using offshore banking facilities. Under FATCA, Foreign Financial Institutions (FFI) are required by the U.S. government to report information regarding accounts of all U.S. citizens to the IRS. All FFIs must comply with FATCA or be subject to a 30% withholding tax penalty on certain US sources of income.
Ultimus LeverPoint will perform the following services with respect to FATCA compliance:
- Entity Identification
- Due Diligence forms will be collected every three years and reviewed for accuracy, completeness and clues, include:
- Onboarding and ongoing maintenance to documents will be organized and kept on file to support FATCA compliance.
- Additionally, Ultimus LeverPoint had established procedures so that if there is a change in circumstance, FATCA compliance will be considered
- Assist with FATCA related IRS audit, if applicable